If you are considering a pool renovation, we’ve got you covered. An updated pool can allow for more functionality and enjoyment, but it can also enhance your home’s value. In this article, we list seven things you can do to upgrade and renovate your pool.
- Resurface – If you want to restore your pool’s full beauty and get rid of cracked or rough surfaces, a complete resurface with a professional pool renovation and pool plastering company should be considered. Pools with a vinyl interior can have a replacement liner installed – and with a new pattern, you can completely transform your pool overnight. Fiberglass pool owners should consult with a PHTA professional for the specific products that will bring new life to your pool.
- Add Water Features – Installing a waterfall or fountain can bring the natural sound and beauty of water flow in your pool’s environment. Features like a rushing spillover bring a bold focal point and add another dimension to an otherwise soundless and ordinary pool.
- Add a Hot Tub – A hot tub in or near your pool will dramatically enhance the pool area. Allowing the option of either a pool or a hot tub for your guests to choose will be appreciated for those people who prefer relaxing in a hot tub over a pool. Hot tubs also bring other benefits to the table, such as warm water therapy for injuries, muscle tension, and other therapeutic benefits.
- New Tile – Installing new tile can offer one of the most noticeable upgrades in appearance from a visual and aesthetic viewpoint. As with a backsplash upgrade in a kitchen, adding new tile will make your pool stand out like never before.
- Add Surrounding Environmental Features – There is so much you can do to enhance your pool area’s surroundings. If you don’t have a deck, now might be the time to consider adding one. If your pool area has a concrete patio, you can fill cracks or brush up the stressed areas with filler, followed by a layer of concrete stain. Think about adding a fireplace, outdoor bar/tiki area, and a media system that could have both audio and video elements. The options are endless, and adding small environmental features can transform the pool area into a mini paradise for you and your guests!
- Lighting Upgrades – There are many benefits to adding enhanced lighting to a pool other than offering better illumination. Lighting can improve safety, set atmosphere, and bring another layer of elegance to your pool’s environment. For special nights, halogen and fiber optic light can bring ethereal dimensions to your poolscape. If you don’t want to install or upgrade to a new lighting system, LED replacements added to your existing light system can add color and movement to an otherwise static and ‘normal’ lighting system.
- Technology – Elements of tomorrow’s pool are already here, and you would be surprised at what’s possible. Digital controls, apps, WIFI, and voice command control integration for lighting and basic pool operations are already available. With the touch of a button on your smart device or command with voice assistants like Amazon Alexa, you can set up many activities you would have to do manually. New robotic cleaning systems that walk on the surface of your pool require practically no supervision and little maintenance. Advances in technology will only get better and more automated as time goes on, so it’s worth looking into if you want a genuinely modern pool area.
It’s worth noting that you don’t have to do all of these things at once, and upgrades can be done over several seasons. If you’re considering updating your pool, consult with a professional pool renovation company like Pound Pool Plastering Inc. They can help you put a plan together in terms of design features and budget forecasting, and you will be surprised at how much your pool could change within just a few years!