Summer has almost come to an end, and with that, pool season is winding down as fall looms ahead. You can easily extend your pool time by adding a gas heater, heat pump, or solar heater. Instead of closing your pool as soon as the temperatures drop, check out these ten tips for keeping your swimming water warm(er) through autumn.
- Solar Cover: The most effortless and cost-efficient way to extend your pool season well into spring and fall is to add a solar cover. By retaining warmth during the night and heating up during the day, these are effective for both inground and above-ground pools. Moreover, pool covers save owners money by decreasing the amount of evaporation coming from the surface. As much as 90 percent of evaporation is reduced, which means pool owners don’t have to waste time filling up the pool. Also, pool covers catch debris that would otherwise litter the water surface and create more work for you or your filter. Solar cover reels are also a must; they roll up the cover neatly and save pool owners the hassle of rolling and storing.
- Solar Sun Rings: Roughly 60 inches in diameter, these rings are coated with UV-resistant vinyl and rest gently on the pool’s surface. They heat the water and retain nighttime warmth. Since they don’t cover the entire pool, they aren’t as energy and debris efficient as a solar cover, but they are easy to maneuver and often come in attractive designs.
- Gas Heater: A propane or natural gas heater is the most powerful way to extend pool season. These are designed to increase pool temperature by about 30 degrees Fahrenheit or more.
- Heat Pumps: By gathering warm air around the pool, compressing it, and recycling it throughout the pool, these pumps are designed for sunny climates. They are less expensive than gas heaters, are easy to use, and are affordable. The only downside is they do not work in environments where the temperature drops below 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Solar Heaters: Another product designed for use in sunny areas, solar heaters can increase a pools temperature by about 20 degrees Fahrenheit. However, these are meant to be used in areas where the sun is prevalent, even on chilly days. These heaters can be installed on a roof, fence, or wall and will absorb sunlight, turning it into heat within the pool.
Want to extend your pool season? It might be time for a renovation; call the experts at Pound Pool Plastering to learn how we can provide you with a top-of-the-line pool.
Pound Pool Plastering offers free estimates and complete pool renovations. Dale Pound, owner, personally oversees each pool project to ensure the highest quality is delivered. We offer Diamond Brite, Sunstone, Hydrazzo, Marcite, Pebble finishes, Bead Crete, tile choices, coping stones, etc. We are pool renovation experts – contact us today at 248-476-4544 or email@example.com.
Written by the digital marketing staff at Creative Programs & Systems: www.cpsmi.com.